Vintage Winter Wedding Centerpiece Tutorial
This vintage winter wedding centerpiece with a dash of rustic charm is perfect for a country bride. The white birch wood box holds a bushel of lush blooms including hydrangea and roses with pinecone and jingle bell accents for a touch of whimsy. See how this beauty came to life on our video tutorial and get all the details, ingredients and how to’s below.
This whimsical winter centerpiece is super easy to make! Start with the basics, check out my getting started with floral design videos for all the details @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGxJ6xd1Un6PwK-v7UzW7Uw .
1. Soak your floral foam and tape to appropriate size dish. Find all about the supplies you need and where to buy them at http://www.floralife.com/en & http://oasisfloralproducts.com
2. Set Dish on top of your wood birch box. Find an great assortment of wood boxes at http://www.save-on-crafts.com/birch-bark-vases.html
3. Start by adding in your greens to create a base.
4. Next up is your large blooms, the hydrangeas.
5. Now you’ve got a nice full base to add in your feature blooms, in this case roses and peonies. I like to cluster them together rather them spreading them out evenly.
6. Once those are in I add in the pinecones and jingle bells.
7. Lastly I add in the most delicate blooms the ranunculus. I also add these last because they are small but pack a powerful punch and I want them to pop above the surface of the design.
8. The final step is to give the whole interior a little hit of flora lock glue. This will ensure that all the stems stay secure and my pinecones and bells won’t fall out.
Birch Wood Box
Pine Cones on Sticks
Silver Brunia Balls
Silver Dollar Eucalytpus
Mother of Pearl Roses
Quick Sand Roses
White Duchess Peony