Transform Your Office Into An Event Space!
Space Transformations are my absolute favorite! When I was asked to create a lounge space reminiscent of an old world library with a cozy fireplace, modern accents and a global feel for the guest speaker of a corporate event, I was oh so excited! Transforming a bland office space is no easy challenge but with some styling tips and tricks and good space planning, the results were pretty spectacular!
- Space Planning! Make sure you measure and take note of all obstacles, eye soars and structures that will effect your design and layout. In this case I needed large walls and bookcases to block offices that interfered with the look and feel of our re-designed space.
- Create Vignettes! By setting up small vignettes and focal points within your space, you can distract from the environment you are working in. I used rugs and furniture groupings to anchor the space and create a natural flow.
- Styling! By bringing in lots of props and decor both big and small, I was able to create a homey feel that transported guests to another time and place. Stacks of books, suitcases, decorative accents, candles and pillows gave this space new life.
- Lighting is always key to setting the tone and creating a warm atmosphere. You can add a color wash to walls, draw attention to focal points and highlight features within the space.
- Lush Florals are always a must! Every space needs fresh blooms artfully displayed to breath life into the design.
I called on some of my very talented colleagues to help get the job done! Mazz Entertainment is my go to for lighting, draping and modern luxe leather furniture and they did not disappoint! I had farm tables custom made by a very talented carpenter to give the space that rustic old work touch, thanks Mark Tibek! I also needed some big bold wood and brick walls to act as backdrops so I called on my girls at Sitting Pretty to build my custom pieces and they did a stellar job, hello Chevron Showstopper! My set up crew did a phenomenal job helping style and stage this event! Thanks Ms Becky Carrol, Angela D’Andrea and Kelly Hogan for all of your hard work!
Lighting, Draping, Lounge Furniture: http://www.djmazznj.com
Farm Tables: https://www.facebook.com/MTfarmtables/?fref=ts
Backdrop Walls: Sitting Pretty, Angela D’Andrea & Kelly Hogan