Tips for Taking Pictures Pre- Ceremony
Many couples are opting to take wedding portraits before they walk down the aisle on their big day rather then rushing through pictures during cocktail hour. This allows them to take their time setting up the perfect shots and gives them the ability to go off site for photos. So while extended portrait sessions are becoming the norm, there are some things to take into consideration when you plan on taking pics pre ceremony.
- Stage a first look. Since this won’t be happening when you walk down the aisle, you’ll want to create a moment just as memorable.
- Leave enough time in your schedule so you can get back to your bridal suite and freshen up before the I do’s.
- Have a bridal assistant come with you to carry some supplies. This can be hired help, the photographer’s assistant or a family friend.
- Make sure you check the weather and have a rain plan if mother nature does not cooperate. Being prepared will keep you stress free on wedding day.
- Pack a bag with a change of shoes in case your feet start to hurt, bottled water, an umbrella in case of rain or to block the sun, lip stick to freshen up in between kisses and tissues for happy tears.
By: Kristin Rockhill
Photo Credit: The Pros Weddings