Dressing Your Bridesmaids
Finding the perfect gown for your bridesmaids is no easy task. Trying to please everyone with a one size fits all gown is a tall order. With so many shapes and sizes to contend with, why not let them choose a fit and style that works for them? Here’s our tips for keeping it cohesive and having a picture perfect bridal party!
- Set the standard by showing your girls a dress you love. This way they will have an example to refer back to when they are shopping.
- Allow the girls freedom with the cut and shape of the gown, but set a standard for length whether it be above the knee, below the knee or floor length.
- Choose a color palette. Be sure to give your ladies a range of swatches to keep on hand when shopping. This will ensure no one strays to far from your vision.
- Have everyone where the same shoes. With the all the girls wearing a different gown, having the same shoes helps create a sense of unity and cohesiveness.
- Keep everyones hair and makeup similar. Be consistent with straight or wavy and up or down. This way everyone has the same look and feel in pictures whether it be messy updos, modern buns or sleek straight locks.
By creating a few simple guidelines you allow each girl to shop within her means and find a dress that suits her shape, style and personality. Nothing looks better on a lady then confidence. Not to mention that we are totally in love with the effortlessly eclectic yet totally coordinated bridal party vibe!
Article Written for The Pros Weddings
Photographer: Samantha B. , The Pros Weddings
Venue: Black Swan MKE. WI