DIY Dessert Favors
Guests love a little treat to take home especially when it is yummy! Take home dessert favors are a great DIY project. Gather your friends and family a day or 2 before your wedding for a dessert prep party! This cute and easy jelly jar filled with fruit, cake and cool whip is super simple and fun. You can add the ingredients in any order you like. I prefer to make them all a little different. The fillings create layers of color and texture. Not only are they delicious, they add a great decorative detail to your day.
- Do as much prep ahead of time as possible.
- Create an assembly line to keep things organized.
- Put your cool whip in a ziplock bag and cut a small hole in the corner so you can pipe it in. Other wise it gets all over the jar and makes a mess.
- Make sure you have refrigeration to keep all your favors cool till wedding day.
- Jar favors like this look great placed on a fun vintage prop like a book shelf or bureau. It makes a great visual impact!
Love the idea of vintage props at your wedding? Check out https://www.facebook.com/VinterestProps?fref=ts